Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ahh . . . Lord Byron

I'm such a huge fan of Lord Byron. Okay, let me rephrase. I enjoy his short (emphasize short) poetry. I've never been able to bring myself to read the long rambling works like Don Juan, or whatever else that was.

That being said, I admire Byron for his wit. His sarcasm. His razor-sharp pen. The man could literally shred an opponent with an off-the-cuff barb.

Brilliance!!!

Now, one of my books is set during Byron's era, so I was browsing some of his quotes to get the motivational juices flowing today. Here are just a few:

  • Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
  • The heart will break, but broken live on.

And then this one, although I have a sneaking suspicion I shouldn't find it funny, but I do (something about the word pattern/sequence/cadence . . . whatever, it just makes me laugh).

  • A little still she strove, and much repented, and whispering, "I will ne'er consent"--consented.

Knowing Byron, that probably was not a wholesome line. But like I said. It gave me a chuckle.

Not really that hard to do, folks.

No comments: