Thursday, October 14, 2010

Disappointment

Forgive any errors in this post. I'm typing it from my Blackberry because I'm too lazy to open up my laptop and go through all the trouble of signing on to the internet. Yep, I am just that lazy.

Tomorrow's my big deadline. BIG deadline (notice the artful way I illustrate the point by capitalizing the adjective. That kind of mastercraft will be what ultimately catapults me to the top...I'm sure of it.)

And...well...I'm not going to make it. Were I to stay up all night and write through until Fedex has their last drop off, I wouldn't make it. If God gave me a 72 hour day tomorrow, I still wouldn't get it done.

And obviously blogging is not helping my cause.

So what do you do when a big deadline blows up in your face? First, you write an overly melodramatic post about it. Then, you might weep a little. Afterwards (or even at the same time if you're really good at multitasking), you get to work.

Fortunately, this was more a self-imposed deadline. And legitimate things have happened to push me off schedule. So rather than bemoan the fact that I'm still working, I must still continue to work. I make adjustments and stop beating myself up for things out of my control and things I can't change now anyway.

Ah yes, the stress, losing hair, tension headaches, etc. This is indeed the glamorous (is it sad I sang the Fergie song in my head to spell that?) life I imagined I would lead as a writer.

But you know what?

I'm actually content and blessed--even with all of the above.

(Cue inspirational music).

I promise something more interesting later. Although, I'm obviously SUPER good with the follow-through.

No comments: